The way you represent yourself in the world today is a combination of the teaching, values and etiquette that your parents inculcated in you. You should always find a way to make them feel special. This Valentine’s, take some time out to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you!
Valentine’s Day – the globally acknowledged day of love! From the time you were just a kid you’ve probably anticipated the 14th of February in some way; whether to count how many Valentines you received or hoping to receive one from your crush. As an adult, it’s a day you expect to spend with your significant other, whiled away with candlelight dinners, bouquets of roses, chocolates and gifts.
As important and sentimental as Valentine’s Day may be considered to be for lovers, however, there is another significant relationship that you should consider commemorating on Valentine’s Day. I’m talking about the first and most vital relationship you ever built – the one with your parents.
This Valentine’s Day, why not show your parents just how much you appreciate them for giving you the kind of unconditional love you will never find anywhere else. Read on for some ideas of Valentine’s Day messages that are sure to warm your parents’ hearts.
1. I have never known what it was to be alone, because I always had you. Thank you for always being there for me, Mum and Dad.
2. Of all the people I will love in my life, I will always love you the most.
3. I am lucky enough to have had two of the greatest and the strongest people I know raise me. Because of you, I know I can face anything life throws at me. Thank you, Mum & Dad.
4. On this day I want to thank you for your faith and belief in me. You have always been my biggest supporters and I love you.
5. Mum and Dad, I want to thank you for all the sacrifices you made to give me best life you could. I appreciate and love you both very much.
6. I can only hope that one day I can be the kind of parent to my children that you have been to me. I love you, Mum and Dad!
7. From the time I was born you have wiped every tear and healed every hurt. You are more special to me than you know. Happy Valentine’s Day, Mum!
8. Dad, you have been my strongest supporter and biggest hero! I look up to you and love you with all my heart.
9. Thank you for giving me a firm foundation of love and self-belief. I know I can do anything with you behind me, encouraging me. I love you, Mum and Dad.
Your relationship with your parents is the realest and most important relationship you will ever have. Make sure they know just how special they are to you this Valentine’s Day. Enjoy the celebration of the day of love!